Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - It wasn't me! But it could have been!

It wasn't me! But it could have been!

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 May 2016 14:50

octocruiser wrote:Thanks, Dave. I was aware of the history, but I know some members will not be. I feel that the background you have outlined will help them to understand the situation.

I think this forum as a whole can hold up with dignity to the ongoing insults from the other source.

It is just a pity that the individuals who have been targetted so unfairly with unwarranted slurs do not have any means of redress.

This has only affected me marginally and thankfully I can have a look from time to time and not be upset for myself. In fact it would be good for a laugh if it were not exposing a mind with such twisted values that I can't help feeling some pity for.

Well said, Kath.
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby avidcruiser » 26 May 2016 23:33

Seems that someone has achieved a hat trick. 3/3 :clap:
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby Dave » 27 May 2016 07:27

avidcruiser wrote:Seems that someone has achieved a hat trick. 3/3 :clap:

Now there's a cryptic post if ever there was. You're surely not suggesting that 'our friend' has been banned from a third forum? No, that would be too good to be true... ;)
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 27 May 2016 20:04

to be honest I'm well aware of the circumstances surrounding the whole thing. However I've never had many dealings with the man in question as I was never a member of the othersite I posted reviews but not in the forum. However I've met three of the people he seems to pick on the most plus another couple he picks on ocasionaly and they are all very nice people. I've never met him so cannot comment on him other than to say I find it most odd that after 5 years the man still actually cares enough about anything any of you bunch of crazy people has to say that he would waste time on it to post in his blog. Especially since apart from that one page the rest of the blog is actually pretty good (sorry it is :oops: ).

oh and a cryptic message now as well :lol: :lol: m not even going to ask :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby tomvet » 27 May 2016 23:56

sparkiethecruiser wrote:to be honest I'm well aware of the circumstances surrounding the whole thing. However I've never had many dealings with the man in question as I was never a member of the othersite I posted reviews but not in the forum. However I've met three of the people he seems to pick on the most plus another couple he picks on ocasionaly and they are all very nice people. I've never met him so cannot comment on him other than to say I find it most odd that after 5 years the man still actually cares enough about anything any of you bunch of crazy people has to say that he would waste time on it to post in his blog. Especially since apart from that one page the rest of the blog is actually pretty good (sorry it is :oops: ).

Guess who is going to be the next target of despatches! :roll:

I wonder if he will get your name correct. A mixture of Sparks and Octane :lol: on this forum could be explosive.
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby octocruiser » 28 May 2016 09:47

tomvet wrote:
sparkiethecruiser wrote:to be honest I'm well aware of the circumstances surrounding the whole thing. However I've never had many dealings with the man in question as I was never a member of the othersite I posted reviews but not in the forum. However I've met three of the people he seems to pick on the most plus another couple he picks on ocasionaly and they are all very nice people. I've never met him so cannot comment on him other than to say I find it most odd that after 5 years the man still actually cares enough about anything any of you bunch of crazy people has to say that he would waste time on it to post in his blog. Especially since apart from that one page the rest of the blog is actually pretty good (sorry it is :oops: ).

I wonder if he will get your name correct. A mixture of Sparks and Octane :lol: on this forum could be explosive.

Well, I think if anything could confuse him Sparkie's post could. He won't quite know how to deal with a complimentary comment on CM - especially as it is a bit of a backhander. Does he slate her for her candid comments about him , or does he recognise her as one of the few discerning members of CM for being complimentary about his blog? :lol:

Can't wait for next instalment of Laughaminuteblog.
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tomvet » 28 May 2016 11:11

octocruiser wrote:
tomvet wrote:

Well, I think if anything could confuse him Sparkie's post could. He won't quite know how to deal with a complimentary comment on CM - especially as it is a bit of a backhander. Does he slate her for her candid comments about him , or does he recognise her as one of the few discerning members of CM for being complimentary about his blog? :lol:

Can't wait for next instalment of Laughaminuteblog.

Well as soon as you see an update make sure you let me know! It is good to laugh on occasion. It certainly is the gift that keeps on giving - the mirth that we have behind thrashing its inane content does cause a laugh a minute!
October 19 - A-ROSA Luna - Lyon- Viviers - Arles - Avignon - Vienne - Lyon
tomvet
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Ireland

Postby gatwick » 30 May 2016 12:26

Well that was a bit of a deviation from the opening post....I was a bit confused but it got clearer later
I thought mod Skier Pete came in at the right time with his reminder but it was also interesting to find out from the post by Dave that forum rules don't appear cover personal word blogs. I liked what Dave mentioned about just ignoring other peoples comments.....but when they continually go on & on maybe you have to do something.
Could someone not just write to this guy and nicely try to end his obsession with commenting on the members here ?
Anyway...time to move on & to get back to travelling light I wonder if you are aware of the shirt that's been invented that you can wear for about 10/15 days without washing and still smells fresh & won't smell of body odour....I read about it sometime ago.
gatwick
Ensign
Ensign

Postby sparkiethecruiser » 30 May 2016 19:11

gatwick wrote:Well that was a bit of a deviation from the opening post....I was a bit confused but it got clearer later
I thought mod Skier Pete came in at the right time with his reminder but it was also interesting to find out from the post by Dave that forum rules don't appear cover personal word blogs. I liked what Dave mentioned about just ignoring other peoples comments.....but when they continually go on & on maybe you have to do something.
Could someone not just write to this guy and nicely try to end his obsession with commenting on the members here ?
Anyway...time to move on & to get back to travelling light I wonder if you are aware of the shirt that's been invented that you can wear for about 10/15 days without washing and still smells fresh & won't smell of body odour....I read about it sometime ago.

Plunky tried that he who is best forgotten about mentions it somewhere on his blog :lol:

oh and I want that shirt just to see if it works I sweat so bad that if I put a top on for ten minutes some days I need to wash it :lol:
sparkiethecruiser
Captain
Captain

Postby Trace » 31 May 2016 20:23

Sparkie... We ladies don't sweat... We perspire.. :) xx
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom