Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - It wasn't me! But it could have been!

It wasn't me! But it could have been!

Postby Peka » 31 May 2016 20:42

Trace wrote:Sparkie... We ladies don't sweat... We perspire.. :) xx

I thought the saying was

"Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow"

:lol: I feel I glow very brightly some days it is hot :oops:
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Peka » 31 May 2016 20:55

Anyway....... dragging this topic somewhere back to the original post...

I feel in the past I have taken far too much "stuff" with me on cruises, but I have managed to wear around 95% (plucking a figure out of the air :lol: ) of the items packed. It is usually stupid extras I bring with me I don't really need. This year we are not cruising for our main holiday instead the train is taking the strain from Berlin to Budapest so thinking about having to lug cases on and off various trains every couple of days I am hoping to keep my luggage right down. A rucksack and a small suitcase (which will go in the hold each way, as it all included) I have basically figured out what I need - just making adjustments when I check the weather before we go) Not having to take more formal wear for evenings helps and also packing cubes, definitely useful for packing up quickly and condensing everything.
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: It wasn't me! But it could have been!

Postby avidcruiser » 01 Jun 2016 00:05

Loose heat, Trace, or glow! ;)

Sparkie, you need to wear natural fibres, not this polyester stuff. ;) Then you will smell as sweet as a daisy, all day long. :D
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby Meg50 » 01 Jun 2016 07:31

Peka wrote:....... Not having to take more formal wear for evenings helps and also packing cubes, definitely useful for packing up quickly and condensing everything.

wot's packing cubes?
Meg
Meg50
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 01 Jun 2016 08:27

Meg50 wrote:
Peka wrote:....... Not having to take more formal wear for evenings helps and also packing cubes, definitely useful for packing up quickly and condensing everything.

wot's packing cubes?

I'm glad you asked Meg because I had to look them up.

SEE HERE

It is onviously a new concept in packing that we didn't know about. :oops:

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby octocruiser » 01 Jun 2016 09:20

Oh no it isn't :lol: !

I have been using them and singing their praises on here and elsewhere for years !

I would not leave home without them . Have packing cubes - will travel ! :clap:

I first saw them several years ago in a very upmarket catalogue with very upmarket prices and could not bring myself to part with that much lolly. So I made some ! - out of polycotton sheeting and continuous zipping, and a little transparent pocket on top that I could slip a list of contents into. These were a bit bigger than the size of a folded man's shirt as it comes new from the shop and about 3 inches deep. They hold Tardis quantities of similarly folded T shirts and similar items and just sit on the bottom of our large zip up wheelie holdalls leaving room for things like shoes and things on top and around them. They usually sit on shelves, etc in the cabin and I only take stuff out of them as needed and they often come back with part of their contents still packed as they when they left home :oops:

I did buy another set of similar size which were a sort of net stuff with a transparent window in Tschibo -that shows how long ago - but I 'lent' them to my g/son when he was makng a dog's dinner of his packing when he went off to Jordan for a year. Needless to say I never saw them again. So I reverted to my original ones.

A couple of years ago I bought some smaller ones on EBAY ( where else ? ;) ) and use those for things like rolled up jimjams, socks, etc

Every girl should have some :thumbup:
octocruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby JollyJill » 01 Jun 2016 09:34

octocruiser wrote:

Oh no it isn't :lol: !

I have been using them and singing their praises on here and elsewhere for years !

I would not leave home without them . Have packing cubes - will travel ! :clap:

I first saw them several years ago in a very upmarket catalogue with very upmarket prices and could not bring myself to part with that much lolly. So I made some ! - out of polycotton sheeting and continuous zipping, and a little transparent pocket on top that I could slip a list of contents into. These were a bit bigger than the size of a folded man's shirt as it comes new from the shop and about 3 inches deep. They hold Tardis quantities of similarly folded T shirts and similar items and just sit on the bottom of our large zip up wheelie holdalls leaving room for things like shoes and things on top and around them. They usually sit on shelves, etc in the cabin and I only take stuff out of them as needed and they often come back with part of their contents still packed as they when they left home :oops:

I did buy another set of similar size which were a sort of net stuff with a transparent window in Tschibo -that shows how long ago - but I 'lent' them to my g/son when he was makng a dog's dinner of his packing when he went off to Jordan for a year. Needless to say I never saw them again. So I reverted to my original ones.

A couple of years ago I bought some smaller ones on EBAY ( where else ? ;) ) and use those for things like rolled up jimjams, socks, etc

Every girl should have some :thumbup:

Thanks for that Kath- perhaps I will give it a try, although I am a master of packing suitcases these days. ;)

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Borneo » 01 Jun 2016 10:29

I've been using cubes, probably on Kath's advice :thumbup: They are brilliant, you don't need to unpack just take the cube ! Mine is not cube but there you go. Just put the cube in the draw or wardrobe job done just take out what you need when needed.
Another tip, smaller cube for all your plugs and chargers, when you've wrapped the wires around hold it in place with a elastic band, I found a pony tail band better,
Borneo
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Peka » 01 Jun 2016 15:05

Borneo wrote:I've been using cubes, probably on Kath's advice :thumbup: They are brilliant, you don't need to unpack just take the cube ! Mine is not cube but there you go. Just put the cube in the draw or wardrobe job done just take out what you need when needed.
Another tip, smaller cube for all your plugs and chargers, when you've wrapped the wires around hold it in place with a elastic band, I found a pony tail band better,

I had been looking at packing cubes for a long time thinking they could be useful and then for Christmas and my birthday I had Amazon vouchers so I decided why not try them out. The uses are endless. I got a set of six then as soon as I received them I decided to order more in different colours so we could have a set but could use them to spread our clothes across different cases if the worst happens and someones bag goes missing at least you can have some clothes!!

cube is a bit of a strange name as they aren't cube shaped :lol: I always used to use a carrier bag, but these help a lot more and zipping it in holds the shape better and makes it easier to pack more into a suitcase. as others say, unpacking is easy as you just lift out and put in the drawers or shelves, and everyone probably packs differently, you might do all the same items (tshirts etc) in one or by outfit, can depend on the situation and where you are. I also put chargers and bits and bobs like that in the smaller ones, and one for dirty washing. just everything has its place... :mrgreen:
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Grumbles