Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Fees charged for transferring cruises to another!

Fees charged for transferring cruises to another!

Re: Fees charged for transferring cruises to another!

Postby Peka » 15 Aug 2016 16:51

Such a cheeky thing to charge so much for what essentially from their end is a couple of clicks, especially so far in advance.

Last year after booking our Fred cruise the paperwork came through with my middle name incorrectly spelled (their fault after it was spelled to them) they wanted a fee for removing one letter! Instead they deleted the 6 characters for nothing!! :roll: I looked it up and it says £100 for name changes after 14 days of the booking. :?
Peka

Peka
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Fees charged for transferring cruises to another!

Postby Dave » 16 Aug 2016 11:51

sevenseascoaster wrote:Our Family have recently had cause to transfer one booked cruise for another. The Cruise is over 13 months away. The Deposit already paid was £600, to exchange to another Itinerary has cost them £225!!

I think this is really excessive, just a phone call, a few clicks on a computer is all it takes, no paperwork required! So why do they charge so much?, after all they are keeping their business.

If you book through an American Travel Agent, no charge even if you cancel !!!!

Rant over :lol:

By coincidence, I've just come across a cancellation invoice from last year. We were charged £25pp for cancelling an NCL cruise when we decided to do a Celebrity cruise instead. I don't know whether the charge was levied by NCL or Cruise Select, but it seemed reasonable.

If we were asked to pay £225 to change an itinerary then I'd make it very clear to the cruise line or agent that it would be the last time we gave them our business!
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous