Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Psoriasis

Psoriasis

Psoriasis

Postby judgegeoff » 07 Dec 2015 14:00

grannyM wrote:
tobysgranny wrote:I can't agree with you more Marie. I am fortunate in having a GP now who listens and follows through any problems I have gone to her with. I'm never felt hurried through a consultation. It does make such a difference.

I'm so glad both you and your daughter have both managed to get the doses of your medication right at long last. Sometimes I think it does us good to see a different Doctor, particularly a young one with fresh ideas.

I am having to wait until the 21st December for an appointment to see my GP. I know it's a non urgent appointment but I want her to refer me to my Consultant in Exeter who has replaced my left hip three times as I think my other hip needs looking at now and the delay has set me back at least a month before I start the process and I don't want to pay BUPA forever as the cost has gone up to an astronomical amount now I'm over 70.

Joan

Unfortunately now for a good doctor who has become very popular it is about the same waiting time at our surgery for a non-urgent appointment Joan. Sorry to hear about your hip and hope you don't wait too long to see the consultant after your GP referral. :(

Chris and I are very lucky with our doctor who has been our GP since we moved to this area over 25 years ago, and we now look upon him as a friend. If we phone or visit the surgery when they open at 8:30 am we can often get an appointment for that day or, if not, then the next day. It was an important factor in us deciding to stay in our current house, even though it is rather too big for just a retired couple.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: Psoriasis

Postby jocap » 07 Dec 2015 18:11

We're very happy with our doctors, too, but find that most of our discussions seem to come from the nurses in the Health Centre, when we go for blood tests or G's diabetic clinics. When I had a flu jab last year, the nurse took time to scroll down my meds, and told me that I hadn't had a pneumonia jab- which I didn't know existed! Done, on the spot!
Last week was my thyroid blood test; chatting with the nurse and she persuaded me to have a whole range of blood tests, which were done there and then, with a telephone appointment for the results with a doctor...I don't often think about my health, so need a bit of nudging from someone sensible!
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Psoriasis

Postby tobysgranny » 08 Dec 2015 00:11

The only reason we have decided to carry on with BUPA for another year is my right hip which has borne the brunt of all my problems over the years with my left hip.

I have a wonderful Consultant in Exeter so as soon as I see my GP I will contact his receptionist to see when
I can get an appointment. He may say it doesn't need doing just yet but I have been having problems with it on and off for some time now and my Chiropractor thinks it isn't helping the pain in my lower back. Fingers crossed I don't have to wait too long. Trouble is he is always extremely busy.

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Previous

Return to Health & Beauty