Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Accident prone or What?

Accident prone or What?

Accident prone or What?

Postby tobysgranny » 17 Mar 2016 00:10

At the moment we are having a new kitchen fitted and on Sunday we finally finished emptying everything out of the kitchen in order that the kitchen fitters could get started first thing on Monday morning. We had had a lovely day with the family visiting a local point to point race meeting and when we got home we ordered a Chinese takeaway for tea. All our crockery etc., was on the dining room table for easy access and when I went in to get some plates I caught my foot on something and down I went hitting my back on the corner of a little low table and landing heavily on my shoulder. Needless to say it was extremely painful. I got through the night with ibuprofen topped up with paracetamol which did not really do a lot for the pain.

With all the chaos of the new kitchen I didn't do anything until Tuesday morning when I was still in a lot of pain and, as I couldn't face going to A & E, I went to a MIU and eventually saw a nurse practicioner who said I had damaged the soft tissue and muscle in my back. She said she would notify my GP and I could contact them for some strong pain relief. This I did and one of the Doctors on The Urgent Care Team rang me and said she would electronically send through a prescription to Boots for me to collect. Fortunately Richard had the same tablets for his back so I was able to take them meanwhile. He went up to the Chemist for me today after our delivery to the shop only to be told the doctor had prescribed capsules and they only have tablets as they are unable to get capsules at the moment and that the doctors should have been aware of this. It will now take another two days to get a new prescription.

Is it me??????

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Accident prone or What?

Postby Hannah » 17 Mar 2016 01:23

Oh dear. I do hope you will feel more comfortable soon and the pain will ease. Having a kitchen out of action is a nightmare but sure will be worth all the aggravation. Get well soon

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Hannah
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Accident prone or What?

Postby Jimmy the One » 17 Mar 2016 10:01

Sorry to hear Joan we have just finished having a new kitchen installed a week ago so know the upheaval you are going through.Hope the back clears up soon ,Sheena is suffering the same after trying to lift a heavy pot in the garden she has osteoporosis and I'm waiting to go in next month for another epidural steroid.So there's not a pund of us hinging the right way ;)
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Accident prone or What?

Postby tobysgranny » 17 Mar 2016 15:20

What are we like Jimmy?

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Accident prone or What?

Postby khkate » 17 Mar 2016 20:28

Hope you feel better soon. Wonder why the chemist couldn't dispense the meds in tablet form - surely not much difference. With my regular painkillers sometimes I get them as capsules and sometimes as tablets - still the same stuff and strength.
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Accident prone or What?

Postby keith6400 » 20 Mar 2016 14:17

I am still in suspense; three days and we still haven't been told whether it was delivered.

Regards Keith
keith6400
Commander
Commander

Accident prone or What?

Postby tobysgranny » 21 Mar 2016 16:51

I eventually picked up my medication in Saturday. Thank goodness I had Richards's tablets to take meanwhile.

Joan
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Return to Health & Beauty