Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Using natural remedies

Using natural remedies

Using natural remedies

Postby Camela » 15 Oct 2018 18:47

Something a bit different! I take several natural supplements which I think are beneficial with regard to my age and requirements. I've recently bought Pelargonium tablets for upper respiratory tract infection, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest immediate use when symptoms occur can reduce length of a cold. I've had flu jab of course but anything that reduces cold symptoms is to my mind worth a try.
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Using natural remedies

Postby judgegeoff » 15 Oct 2018 19:18

Camela wrote:Something a bit different! I take several natural supplements which I think are beneficial with regard to my age and requirements. I've recently bought Pelargonium tablets for upper respiratory tract infection, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest immediate use when symptoms occur can reduce length of a cold. I've had flu jab of course but anything that reduces cold symptoms is to my mind worth a try.

As soon as I get the first symptoms of a cold I take echinacia tablets and 'Lemsip' and most of the symptoms disappear, leaving me to function more or less as normal. I don't believe that it works for everybody (we are all so very different), but it certainly works for me.

I also have a fairly high calcium intake in that I start each day with an egg and also have cheese almost every day - important as I do not like milk. I am rather clumsy and have falls occasionally, so having good bones is important for me.

You have reminded me that I must see my Doctor or Pharmacist to arrange a 'flu jab, so many thanks Camela.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Health & Beauty