Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - The virus

The virus

The virus

Postby Marrob 33 » 09 Mar 2020 17:47

We keep hearing of so many places which have been hit by the C virus, I was wondering how many places are as yet uncontaminated. If it is global, then possibly it is not affected by high or low temperatures, or maybe it's a sign that temperatures are getting to be the same regardless of the geographical location. :(
Marrob 33
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

The virus

Postby Gillzajoker » 10 Mar 2020 11:00

I'm fairly sure it is global, if not pandemic now, Marie. I read that the only continent not affected
is Antarctica, and not too many people go there. So it seems temperature is not a factor. Hopefully
it will stay well away from me!
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: The virus

Postby Camela » 11 Mar 2020 17:14

As this is in the health topic one thing that concerns me is the impact on mental health with all the news. There are so many people of all ages whose long-made plans are in disarray and the endless news stories, warnings and "we don't really know" reports must be playing on many peoples' minds. Whilst I know we are in uncharted waters (sorry!!) and this is a crisis, it would be nice if some cheery stories could be reported to counter the totally pessimistic views of those 'in charge'.
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Return to Health & Beauty