Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Can we afford to cruise again?

Can we afford to cruise again?

Postby bobbyoscar » 10 Apr 2014 09:10

Irene, so sorry to hear about this - just appalling. I'm sure some companies make up their 'procedures' as and when they feel like it. :evil:
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Can we afford to cruise again?

Postby jsb » 10 Apr 2014 09:38

Dreadful service but putting it on the net for everyone to read will hopefully lose them business.
Don't worry be happy.
jsb
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby grannyM » 10 Apr 2014 11:09

Sorry you've had this trouble Irene. What a stupid carry on as well as the expense of the phone calls. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Marie
grannyM
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: Can we afford to cruise again?

Postby sevenseascoaster » 10 Apr 2014 18:30

Oh goodness Irene, what a lot of stress that all must have caused you. Insurance companies seem to be a law unto themselves :roll:
Wen

Tried 19 different Ships and many many cruises, and hopefully more to come!
I haven't been everywhere, but its on my list!
sevenseascoaster
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby CGBOWLER » 11 Apr 2014 00:43

Thank you for your comments everyone.
No refund yet.
BP's certainly gone up but I think a nice relaxing cruise in May will sort that out. :)
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby CGBOWLER » 14 Apr 2014 12:29

Today we received two more insurance certificates and two policy booklets, dated 2nd April. (One for each cruise.)
They both cover Europe (excluding Algeria,Israel,Libya,Lebanon and Jordan). Different again.
They do not not cover medical conditions- these certificates will be sent separately. :?

Two strange quotes from their letter:-
"We confirm that we have not given you a personal recommendation to buy this policy."
"-----on a personal note may I wish you a safe trip."
Perhaps I am becoming paranoid. :cry: Safe??

No sign of the money they owe us, so will be phoning yet again.
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby bobbyoscar » 14 Apr 2014 12:44

Oh dear, I hope for your sakes that they sort this for you quickly. It certainly is not very nice when something like this drags on and you have to keep on at them for what is rightfully yours.
Cruises booked:
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby khkate » 14 Apr 2014 13:44

Many moons ago when we did our first cruise, I was covered by a travel insurance policy through work but OH being over 60 wasn't. I found the company AllClear
http://www.allcleartravel.co.uk or ring them on 0845 250 5350. There is also the company Free Spirit
http://www.freespirittravelinsurance.com or ring them on 0845 564 2365
Both these companies have no age restrictions, they cover all sort os medical conditions and they are based in the UK. I have used them both since on a couple of occasions and I know people who have used them, including a friend whose husband had been diagnosed with dementia and she had a pacemaker and they were doing a cruise. I haven't known anyone who has used them who ha had to make a claim, so can't advise whether that any aspect of it is any good but certainly the premiums came in at a very reasonable price.

However, I hope that you Do manage to find a company that will help you continue your crusing without worries - and that you get all your other policies sorted and refunds given without the additional hassle. Good luck!
CRUISES BOOKED:
Spirit of Discovery - Dec 2020, Dec 2021
Spirit of Adventure - September 2020, March 2021, June 2021, October 2021
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby CGBOWLER » 15 Apr 2014 16:15

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
Confession time.
I phoned the company today to ask where my refund was.
They assured me it had been repaid on 2nd April.
They gave me the last 4 digits of the card they had refunded to.
It was my Visa credit card.
I have been waiting for it to appear on the bank statement for my visa debit card. :oops: :oops: :oops:
I haven't had the Visa credit card statement yet so didn't realise how dizzy I am becoming. :crazy:

I did ask when I could expect the medical cover note though and they told me it usually arrives the day after the certificate which came yesterday. It hasn't arrived.
I feel I should apologise to them but chances are I would not be put through to the same person :?
So I apologise for misleading you all.
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby bobbyoscar » 15 Apr 2014 17:05

Irene, don't feel too bad about it. Remember, if they hadn't messed you about in the first instance you wouldn't have needed a refund. Glad for you both that this has been settled.
Cruises booked:
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext