Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - An advertising campaign which has worked!

An advertising campaign which has worked!

An advertising campaign which has worked!

Postby bobbyoscar » 11 Apr 2014 08:08

Borneo wrote:My daughter when in her 30s kept having funny turns as she put it , like talking to someone and talking utter rubbish and not making any sence . This happened on three occasions , also had other things tingling in arm and vision and severe head ache after . Luckily doctor sent her on the last one imidiatly to hospital . Where they diagnosed transient strokes . After a lot of tests the hostpital diagnosed she had a kink in her main artuary in her neck . Major operation to remove the kink . Worst day of my life as the operation took over 8 hours ,she was then in intensive care . 10 or so years later and all seems fine .
So yes the advert is much needed and the early signs should also be taken notice of .

How awful for you all. I'm so pleased to hear that she was eventually sent to hospital and has made a full recovery.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: An advertising campaign which has worked!

Postby Eleanor » 11 Apr 2014 13:49

Wow, all these family traumas certainly make you aware of what can change in an instant. The Breast Aware advert that they call Cop a Feel I think is also a good one. We can't afford to take anything for granted. Glynis, I hope your neice is truly on the mend now.
Eleanor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Previous

Return to Health & Beauty