Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Gobsmacked!

Gobsmacked!

Gobsmacked!

Postby CGBOWLER » 04 Nov 2014 01:14

Sorry Jill, I went off your topic there.

It is beyond belief that they don't employ someone in the hospital to do the typing etc.

I know my optician employs a company to send out his reminder letters because I had a (joking) moan to him after my check up last year and he blamed them for sending me a letter full of impending doom if I did not go and have my eyes tested. I had only recently been.
He promised to sort them out but I still received a further two reminders.
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Gobsmacked!

Postby adogap » 04 Nov 2014 10:31

I really do believe that hospital administrators should have at leat 10 years experience of running a successful business. It does not matter how many qualifications a person has in business management, nothing beats good old common sense. Sadly this is missing in so many areas of government, including our NHS

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Gobsmacked!

Postby JollyJill » 04 Nov 2014 11:08

adogap wrote:I really do believe that hospital administrators should have at leat 10 years experience of running a successful business. It does not matter how many qualifications a person has in business management, nothing beats good old common sense. Sadly this is missing in so many areas of government, including our NHS

Chris

What never ceases to amaze me Chris is that the subject of bad management and wasting money within the NHS has been in the news for as long as I can remember; yet still it continues.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Gobsmacked!

Postby Jimmy the One » 04 Nov 2014 11:28

What amazes me is Consultants are allowed to work part time for the NHS and then go off do private work both sometimes on the same day and use NHS equipment X-ray Ultrasound and theatre's to treat private patients :roll:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Gobsmacked!

Postby CGBOWLER » 12 Nov 2014 17:37

Monday 9th November we received an automated phone call reminding Brian about a hospital appointment at our local hospital on Friday 14th November.
There were four alternatives:-
Press 1 if he was attending
Press 2 if he wanted to cancel
Press 3 if he wanted to change the date.
I've forgotten what 4 was but it was not if he wanted to speak to a real person. :?
He knew nothing about such an appointment so hung up and tried to phone the number from where it came. No luck.
Monday morning he rang the local hospital and discovered it was with a doctor who had promised to make it for him about two years ago. She had changed his medication and made him more poorly than he had been before. :roll:
So he had seen our GP who referred him back to his original cardiac consultant (who had left the local hospital and gone to work in Leeds.) This one saw him and fitted a pacemaker within two weeks. B. cancelled the appt. for 14th.
Not long after he had made the phone call the post came and it included a notification of this appoinment.

Today brought another letter saying it has been necessary to cancel his appointment. :o They can't offer another one at this time but will contact him with another one as soon as possible.
At least next time he gets the reminder before he gets the appointment he will know what it's for.
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Previous

Return to Health & Beauty