Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Measles in California

Measles in California

Measles in California

Postby jocap » 03 Feb 2015 21:11

I've been following a forum member, from my dog forum, over this last year, through her pregnancy, birth and first months of her little boy's life. She's a nurse, and was preparing to take him for his first injections, including measles, and there was such a lot of back chat, suggesting that many moms in California had their own ideas about the measles "shot".
And now I begin to understand why....starting at Disneyland, Cal., there's a big epidemic of measles in children, which was supposed to be eradicated in the USA. At present there's a very moving tribute, made by Roald Dahl, after he lost his little girl to measles, being posted on FB and elsewhere. What started as a suggestion by a now discredited doctor has become a reality with many families.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Measles in California

Postby Trace » 03 Feb 2015 22:55

Oh gosh Jo, how sad, I don't have Facebook so cant look it up. I know how worried I was 29 and 27 yrs ago having my daughter and son's vaccinations done, worried even more with my grandchildren. A real dilemma.
Tracey :-)
Trace
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Health & Beauty