Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - My Personal Sanctuary

My Personal Sanctuary

My Personal Sanctuary

Postby Dave » 21 Apr 2015 17:04

I mentioned something about a therapist visiting our Log House Holidays cabin in my blog. (The post is here: Moondara.)

I booked a therapist from http://www.mypersonalsanctuary.co.uk to spend three hours pampering my wife and two daughters while the rest of us kept out of the way. :D

The ladies were each extremely happy with their sessions which, in all, included: Hand treat, Feet treat, Express facial, Heavenly back, neck and shoulder massage, De-stress scalp, face and neck massage, and Aroma unwind massage.

The various treatments were advertised as lasting between 20 minutes and 1 hour. In practice though, all lasted longer and the three hour booking actually lasted over four-and-a-half hours.

And that's why I'm giving My Personal Sanctuary a plug on the forum. Highly recommended! :clap:
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

My Personal Sanctuary

Postby Mungo » 21 Apr 2015 18:10

Looks as though you'll need to book the same for next year then! ;)
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

My Personal Sanctuary

Postby avidcruiser » 21 Apr 2015 22:38

Just today I went for my fortnightly pamper session. It wasn't over 4 hours though!!!

I have tried various treatments, mostly a massage, on quite a few ships and none of them come up to the standard that I get right here, on my doorstep. The worst has to be QV where I booked for a 20 minutes massage and received less than 10 minutes treatment, nearer 5 or 6 minutes. No sooner was I on the couch, I was off again before I had even relaxed, and the massage itself was very wishy washy, no oomph to it at all. The preamble was endless rubbish, my posture my lifestyle and so on,(nothing to do with them if it's a one off), the treatment was over in a flash, and then the big sell of products. I did complain, and had a partial refund. It was not worth the cost, even with that refund.
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

My Personal Sanctuary

Postby Dave » 22 Apr 2015 07:25

avidcruiser wrote:Just today I went for my fortnightly pamper session. It wasn't over 4 hours though!!!

I have tried various treatments, mostly a massage, on quite a few ships and none of them come up to the standard that I get right here, on my doorstep. The worst has to be QV where I booked for a 20 minutes massage and received less than 10 minutes treatment, nearer 5 or 6 minutes. No sooner was I on the couch, I was off again before I had even relaxed, and the massage itself was very wishy washy, no oomph to it at all. The preamble was endless rubbish, my posture my lifestyle and so on,(nothing to do with them if it's a one off), the treatment was over in a flash, and then the big sell of products. I did complain, and had a partial refund. It was not worth the cost, even with that refund.

My wife has someone come to the house every two or three weeks for a pampering session (massage, nails, etc.). She would agree that the standard is far better than what she gets on a cruise, and there's no attempt to sell her anything either! She also tells me that the session with My Personal Sanctuary was the best she's ever experienced.
Dave

Booked cruise 2019: December - Caribbean on Marella Explorer 2
Remaining land-based holidays 2019: July - Peak District, August - Harris and Highlands, October - Brecon Beacons
Dave
Mutineer
Mutineer

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Return to Health & Beauty