Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - What was your longest cruise to date?

What was your longest cruise to date?

Been on a cruise or a ship visit? Post your review here!

Postby Gillzajoker » 27 Aug 2015 15:34

32 days on Sapphire Princess - from UK fly to San Francisco (2 nts. there) to pick up ship, Princess, then on to Oahu, the Big Island, Christmas Island, Bora Bora, Tahiti, Moorea, Rarotonga, Western Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand, and ending in Sydney. Loved it but wouldn't want to do longer.

Normally don't consider anything less than 3 weeks, due to it taking me a day to get to UK - with all the faffing about and hanging around, then staying overnight either with friend or in a hotel - and the same on the way back. Therefore one or two weeks, for me, isn't worth all the upheaval :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: What was your longest cruise to date?

Postby adogap » 27 Aug 2015 16:41

Our longest cruise was our first in 2013. Departed from Belfast and visited Portugal, Spain, Canary Islands and Madeira for 13 nights. Like any other cruise we have been on it was much too short, and over far to quickly. I’m looking at a few cruises which last around 26 nights and I think this is the ideal period of time to be on a ship, visit interesting ports and also spend a few relaxing days at sea. Getting away over Christmas and New Year would be a bonus.

Chris
Baltic Cities, Balmoral, June 2018
adogap
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby jocap » 27 Aug 2015 20:48

Ours was very similar to Mungo's cruise on Azura....first it was 17 nights on Aurora, adding Palma but missing Gib, and then 18 nights on Ventura, adding Vigo.
Our next is 28 days, TA with Madeira; 8 Caribbean islands; TA with the Azores, next January.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby CGBOWLER » 27 Aug 2015 23:34

Our longest cruise was 18 nights.
We didn't fancy the long flights to the Caribbean and back but settled on a cruise for which there was only one long flight. That was outward to the Dominican Republic. The ports were Antigua, St Lucia, Tortola, Dominica and Barbados. The ship then sailed TA to the Med. I can't remember the 4 or 5 ports there but the cruise ended in Majorca so there was only a short flight home from Palma.
The ship was the Destiny.
We flew from Cardiff instead of Manchester because it was £290-00 each cheaper. :o
Irene
CGBOWLER
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby tobysgranny » 28 Aug 2015 00:21

We did 2 b 2 b cruises on Rhapsody circumnavigating Australia in 2010 and we were on the ship for 35 nights. We were quite glad to get off in the end. We had spent 4 days in Singapore and a night in Sydney precruise and we went on afterwards to spend 4 days in New York.

In 2014 we were on The QE for 28 nights S'ton to San Francisco then 3 nights post cruise there.

Earlier this year we were on The Quantum for 30 nights with a week's post cruise stay in Dubai.

Our next cruise we are doing 2 b 2 cruises on The Brillance and will be on the ship for 24 nights with a week near Boston and two nights on Cape Cod.

On all of our b 2 b cruises we have been lucky enough to be able to stay in the same cabin.

I told you I was addicted to cruising!

Joan
Queen Victoria Nov. 2018.
tobysgranny
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Meg50 » 28 Aug 2015 14:58

26 nights - out of Southampton - to the Black Sea and back in 2011.

Glad we did it when we did- Ukraine ports have been off limits for a year or so, and now Istanbul looks like it's becoming an endangered species too
Meg
Meg50
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby JollyJill » 29 Aug 2015 08:43

We have done 2 X 35 nighters on Boudicca in 2012 & 2013. Both were from UK across the pond to Caribbean, Central America & Amazon.

36 cruises on 26 ships.

JollyJill
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby avidcruiser » 29 Aug 2015 11:46

A world cruise of 80 nights. Not the longest but chosen because it was a circumnavigation and that was on the lovely Aurora.

Only 3 of our 14 cruises have been less than 14 nights and most of them are over 20 nights and one was 35.

If I'm packing I might as well make it worthwhile ;)
All my posts and photos are COPYRIGHTED!!

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me!"
KEEP CALM AND CRUISE ON

avidcruiser
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Wales

Postby Jimmy the One » 29 Aug 2015 15:51

My paltry 21 nights pales into insignificance with you lot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im just a soul whose intentions are good Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood

Jimmy the One
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby hazel20 » 29 Aug 2015 16:36

Jimmy the One wrote:My paltry 21 nights pales into insignificance with you lot :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don''t worry Jim - that was my longest to date as well...until today!!
Now can say 27 nights on the wonderful Boudicca.

Can I question your statement that we met on the 21 might cruise to Adriatic...I think that was May 2012....and so we had met the year before on the Greenland cruise.

It's about time our paths crossed again!
http://www.hazeljgriffiths.net

Future Lecture Cruises:
2021 - Coastlines of Croatia - Sept SofD
2021 - Canaries - Nov SofA
hazel20
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
Wales

PreviousNext