Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Travel Insurance

Postby bobbyoscar » 02 Jun 2017 08:16

Peka, sorry to hear about your dad.

Although Andy has not had a heart attack he does suffer from 2 quite serious heart conditions. When we were having trouble finding insurance, Saga would always cover him and AllClear (their cruise policy) as well.

Also try using www.payingtoomuch.com I've also found them very useful. This year we are using Explorer. This company was recommended to me and we have gone with them for this year.

Good luck and I hope you manage to find something quickly.

Oops! I forget to mention that the AA was another company recommended and I would have used them for this year if I hadn't found Explorer.
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Re: Travel Insurance

Postby Carwalsick » 04 Jun 2017 09:47

I have been surprised by how many conditions do not need to be notified under our Lloyd's bank insurance. Incidentally I am told that Eurotunnels policy will cover many conditions including cancer without having to travel with them.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby jocap » 05 Jun 2017 20:20

Thank you, Joan... yes, we're both well, but I've noticed Gavin slowing a little... he does tire easily, especially long drives, so we're using the train much more.
One tip for particular medical conditions is to go to the charities involved, eg heart Foundation, and look for their recommendations. I know this has worked for a forum friend with cancer, who was looking at a massive premium, but the Cancer org. suggested a name, and the premium was reasonable.
Jo.

19 Cruises; 10 ships; 7 lines; 89 ports
jocap
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby davelynn-47 » 06 Aug 2017 14:32

hi
my name is lynn, hubby and i are doing our second cruise 15 dec to the caribbean, i have AF too and also i suffered a mild heart attack 2years ago. i am now on waferin. on our first cruise we used WORLD FIRST INSURANCE and they covered me for my AF, now i have declared my heart attack and they have covered me, al of which i pay a premium. for myself and hubby have paid £670 near enough. i would never go without ins. i know its a bit steep, but its piece of mind, and well, i am really looking forward to this cruise as it is our 70ths birthdays and our golden wedding anni in the same week. we also have christmas on the ship too. anyhow hope the information ( INS ) helps. lynn
davelynn-47

Postby khkate » 06 Aug 2017 15:01

Thanks Lynn - that is another good company to remember. As you say, its far better to be be covered, even if you have to pay a bit extra for it, rather than being inadequately insured when you really need it.
khkate
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Mungo » 06 Aug 2017 17:08

davelynn-47 wrote:hi
my name is lynn, hubby and i are doing our second cruise 15 dec to the caribbean, i have AF too and also i suffered a mild heart attack 2years ago. i am now on waferin. on our first cruise we used WORLD FIRST INSURANCE and they covered me for my AF, now i have declared my heart attack and they have covered me, al of which i pay a premium. for myself and hubby have paid £670 near enough. i would never go without ins. i know its a bit steep, but its piece of mind, and well, i am really looking forward to this cruise as it is our 70ths birthdays and our golden wedding anni in the same week. we also have christmas on the ship too. anyhow hope the information ( INS ) helps. lynn

Hello and Welcome! :wave:

It's great to share information. Thank you. :D

It sounds as though it will be a special cruise for you with so many special celebrations happening! :mrgreen:
Iona July 2020
Arcadia December 2020
Britannia March 2021
Columbus May 2021
Mungo
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby judgegeoff » 06 Aug 2017 19:36

davelynn-47 wrote:hi

A hearty welcome to the forum Lynn, always great to see new members.

It is now a year since I upgraded our joint Lloyds bank account to a platinum account so that it included travel insurance and AA car breakdown cover and we have just received a renewal notice. The account costs £17 per month, but we had to pay extra because of the medical problems of Chris ('Seamouse' on the forum) and myself. Last year we paid an additional annual fee of £124.99 to cover our medical problems, so we were delighted to find that for this year it had reduced to £102.07, a reduction of £22.92. How refreshing (and unusual) to find a Company that rewards its customers for loyalty.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Carwalsick » 06 Aug 2017 19:57

I have a Lloyd's Gold Account, no longer available, and have been agreeably surprised by the number of conditions which are not notifiable. By keeping a fair sum in the account I pay no charges which, given low interest rates, is a bargain.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
Carwalsick
Captain
Captain

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Previous

Return to Health & Beauty