Cruising Mates Forum: Cruise reviews, chat, answers and information. cruisingmates.co.uk • View topic - Coronavirus and cancellations

Coronavirus and cancellations

Postby judgegeoff » 16 Mar 2020 18:12

Gillzajoker wrote:At least you know where you are now, Geoff (stuck at home, lol!), but such a shame for Mark. He and
all his colleagues will no doubt be working flat out for the foreseeable future now, so please pass on to him
our heartfelt thanks for all that they do. :D

Thank you Gill, I certainly will, we are very proud of him. He has just completed a stint of 25 days work without a day off.

I don't suppose I will be seeing any of our three kids for a while as, besides them living a fair distance away, they are aware that we are vulnerable to this virus and would not want to risk accidentally infecting us. Thank goodness for telephones and the internet!
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 17 Mar 2020 10:11

Like others on here, we will be self isolating from this Saturday; Andy has four of the medical conditions whilst I have two. I found two envellopes thru my letterbox last night from other neighbours (we live in a cul de sac) with their phone numbers and email addresses asking me to contact them if there's anything they can do for us.

One thing I had forgotten to do was to order medication for our cat (he has a heart condition) as he had only two weeks supply left. That's now been rectified and I will be collecting on Friday, probably the last time I will venture out before we are on lockdown.

Thank goodness we have the internet as a means of keeping in contact.

Love and best wishes to you all xx
Cruises booked:
June 2020 Celebrity Silhouette
- Bergen - Geiranger - Flam - Stavanger CANX
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby judgegeoff » 17 Mar 2020 10:29

As we had been planning to be away from the UK for nearly 7 weeks we had arranged to have 3 month's supply of our repeat prescription medications, so we won't have to worry about that for a while. Chris has had corneal transplants and is on very specific eye drops that we have had problems obtaining in the past.
Geoff

Booked cruise :-
"MSC Orchestra" - Cape Town to Venice 2020 (now virtual)
judgegeoff
Powder Monkey
Powder Monkey

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby bobbyoscar » 17 Mar 2020 10:50

Andy was meant to go to our local hosp this Thursday for his annual diabetic retina check. I've just spoken to them and been told with his medical history, he is to stay away from any hospital unless he has an emergency.

This may seem odd but I am so relieved that we are being told 'not to go' as he was adamant that he should keep the appointment, despite me trying to disuade him.
Cruises booked:
Sept 2020 Celebrity Silhouette - Madeira - Tenerife - Las Palmas - Lisbon- Vigo CANX
May 2021 Celebrity Silhouette - ST. PETER PORT - CORK (COBH) - WATERFORD(DUNMORE E) - DUBLIN - GLASGOW (GREENOCK) - AKUREYRI - REYKJAVIK - BELFAST
Aug 2021 Celebrity Silhouette GIBRALTAR – CARTAGENA – BARCELONA – VALENCIA – CADIZ - LISBON
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 17 Mar 2020 11:46

What lovely neighbours you have, Glynis. Stay safe! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Coronavirus and cancellations

Postby Camela » 17 Mar 2020 16:29

Our vets posted information about collecting animal prescriptions on FB and a lovely lady posted to say she would make up a round to deliver medicines locally if isolated owners contacted the vet. What a star!
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 18 Mar 2020 11:16

It seems that crises either bring out the very best in people, :D or the very worst (i.e. stockpilers
and profiteers!) :evil:
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bobbyoscar » 18 Mar 2020 15:52

I’ve spoken to our cruise consultant at Celebrity about transferring our Fjords cruise at the end of June.

Our cruise for next May (2021) is now £800 cheaper than we paid, so they have cancelled our original booking and added that deposit to the new booking we have made for the same date, cruise, cabin and we keep all the perks we already had with the original booking. (I do hope that makes sense).

The new invoice has just come thru and our outstanding balance for May 2021 is now £3962.29 instead of £5058.

Pleased with that outcome and something to look forward to once we get thru this nightmare.
Cruises booked:
bobbyoscar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

National Flag:
England

Postby Gillzajoker » 19 Mar 2020 12:05

Lovely to hear some good news in these trying times, Glynis! :D
Gillzajoker
Admiral
Admiral

National Flag:
Spain

Re: Coronavirus and cancellations

Postby Camela » 19 Mar 2020 14:01

:thumbup: Glynis and Andy. You are right look forward to something the other side of this.
Becalmed until
"My Ship is Coming In"
Camela
Commodore
Commodore

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to Grumbles